Sunday, February 24, 2008

If They Mated: Dog Edition

But first, this is a blog about the house after all. So, I offer up further proof of Bones's talent and skills. Here we have a chair that Bones bought off of eBay for cheap.

Keep in mind that Bones painted the metal black. It had previously been a shiny gold. Very '80's. However, it is really comfortable; thus, worth saving. Here it is today:

Ok, it's not the best photo, but you get the gist. And the chair is not technically finished, in case you noticed that the slats are not perfectly spaced. Bones based his remake on a style created by William Morris. Google Image "William Morris chair," and you'll see Bones has essentially created a very nice replica.

The chair has gone from exile in the sun room to a central spot in the living room and has become my favorite chair.
Here's bonus "behind-the-scenes" footage of Bones in process of making the chair. Yes, he's in the living room. No, I wasn't pleased.


And now, I present If They Mated: Dog Edition



Miniature Schnauzer
(courtesy Junior Britannica)

+


Yorkie
(courtesy cuteoverload.com)

=


Essentially, I'm just offering proof that Scruffy is a "Schnorkie," a Schnauzer-Yorkie mix. Yep, he's a designer dog. Most likely, the (illegal) breeder was trying to make more money by crossbreeding, since designer dogs are in such high demand.

By the way, the sweater on the Yorkie was made from an argyle sock.

2 comments:

LauraJ23 said...

My chair is fabulous. I can't wait to see it on Friday!

I got my hair cut. it's pretty short!

LauraJ23 said...

oh, i mean your chair. of course!