Friday, April 3, 2009

In Progress

It's Spring! Which around these parts is short for "Spring into action!" Bones has been motivated and moving and shaking. He is everywhere lately, working up in the studio, out in the tool shop, in the sun room and down in the basement. He has two very important projects in the works. The first is somewhat of a meta project in that he is redoing his tool shop. I'll save that for another post, so you'll probably see that sometime next year at the rate I'm going.

I'm most excited about his second project...

Cabinet doors! Finally! Obviously they aren't finished, I just wanted to put them in context. I tried to model them next to Scruffy, but I accidentally bumped him with one and he ran. Anyway, I'm sure you can see where these are going. The next time you see them, they will be finished and hung and you will no longer be able to see the various cleansing agents that I use to keep the house one step above general disarray.

I, too, have a project in progress. However, mine is on hold until after the semester. That's right...


























More curtains! Here's a detail:





















These were done using a process called batiking. I painted melted wax onto the cloth, then dyed it. What I have here is a very basic example. We're going for a Caribbean theme for our bedroom, and I thought a nice ocean blue would go nicely with the green of the walls. I just hope these aren't too silly.

So, those are some of the projects in the works. Next time I'll show a couple of projects that have been (or very nearly) finished.

And now for the cute:

No comments: